Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Daddy's Home.

On December 30th, I got the chance to take my mom and boyfriend out to have a hang out day together. Our day included shopping, checking out after-Christmas sales, and snacking on some Taco Bell, but what started our day off was a showing at the movies. Since my sister was on a high school band trip and my mom was off, Robert thought it would be best to take her out and go see a movie: Daddy's Home.
German poster for Daddy's Home

What is the Movie About?

Daddy's Home is about a kindhearted radio executive, Brad Taggart (Will Ferrell), who wants to be the best possible stepfather to his wife's (Linda Cardellini) two children. When her freewheeling ex-husband Dusty (Mark Wahlberg) breezes back into town, Brad's feeling of insecurity quickly develops into an inferiority complex. As Dusty demonstrates his flair for athletics, home repair and bad-boy charisma, Taggart finds himself in a no-holds-barred battle to one-up his rival and win the approval of his family.


My Review:

 To me, the movie wasn't as funny and was to the potential as I hoped it would be. I should've know the film wouldn't be that great after seeing the pair in The Other Guys, a comedic cop buddy movie, that I didn't feel was funny at all. The past few movies Will Ferrell has been has been in animated films, and not as funny as his crude adult films, like Step-Brothers or Elf. When I saw the commercial ad for Daddy's Home, I thought is was going to be hilarious with all the crude or dirty remarks between Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg. In reality, the commercial showed all the funny parts of the film and the rest of it had bits and pieces of funny moments. Other than what they showed in the commercial, the only thing funny is at the end when show John Cena acting like a jerk towards Mark Wahlberg's character pursuing becoming a stepfather. In this film, the writers hoped for the two big stars, Wahlberg and Ferrell, to hit the audience with tons of wackiness and wicked comedy that would laugh the pants off of any movie theater audience member.
I would have to rate this movie a six out of ten wild strawberries.

A swing and a miss with this movie. 


Thanks for reading!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment