Thursday, December 24, 2015

Addiction to Candles

Photo credited of Holidaywallpapers.com
For those that don't know I have a huge addiction to candles. I'm constantly buying new candles or requesting candles for birthday or Christmas presents. I love candles so much that I'm constantly smelling candles at stores, burning two candles with similar smells together, and have helped Robert grow an addiction to candles. Now, Robert is constantly burning candles or requesting to burn candles.
The shaving set Robert has

Shaving Cream Candle

This first candle was a little surprise to help fuel Robert's candle addiction. 

Robert has tons of cool old school and new school barber shop tools. He has different razors, clippers, and a shaving kit that has an old school look to it. So when I found a Bromley Barber Shop & Co. candle that had a shaving cream scent to it, I knew Robert would love it! I found the candle at Burlington (It was my first time at Burlington!) in their home decor section sitting beside the pine scented Yankee candles. The candle was about $4.99, which is pretty good price for a product that is priced $19.99 on certain websites. 

The candle has a vanilla shaving cream scent, and smells a lot like basic shaving cream you can buy for two bucks. When I smell the candle, I don't really smell the vanilla scent to it. Not trying to diss the scent, I do love it! The thing I love most is the packaging. The soy candle wax is hand poured into a purpley mason jar that looks red when the candle is burning. 

Yankee Candles:
Yankee candles are some of the most popular candles, yet I've had a few Yankee candles. Before Christmas with my dad and Jenn (my step mom), the only Yankee candles I've ever had was one from Halloween. Well, this year my step mom decided to stock me up with some Yankees. Some of the candles I got recently was a huge 20 oz Pineapple scented two-wick candle and a 17 oz Pine scented three-wick candle. I don't know how much the Pineapple candle was, but on the Yankee candle site you can get it for about $15 to $30 (depending on the size of the candle). The Pine candle that I bought from Burlington was originally priced for $9.99, but all Christmas products were 50% off. After the discount was taken off, I got the candle for about $4.95. Something I recently learned about the Yankee candles is their 22 oz candles can last up from 110 to 150 hours.
20 oz Pineapple Yankee Candle

Salted Caramel Popcorn

This tiny tin was a steal from a dollar store
When I grabbed this candle from the bag the first thing out of my mouth was "What the hell is this?". When I saw the tin, I thought it was a tin of salted caramel popcorn as a stocking stuffer item. I like caramel popcorn, but I'm not really a fan of salted caramel products so I opened the tin to check it out better. What I found wasn't a bag of popcorn, but a light brown one-wick candle that smelled okay. But when I got home and burned the candle with a Apple Pumpkin Pancake from Bath and Body Works, the smell of the candle was intensified a million times more. The candle smelled so amazing!

                                 Owl
This last candle is one I probably will never use, but will keep as a decoration. The candle is tiny with a faint coffee smell to me, but what I love about the candle is it's a tiny little owl. Thank goodness, it smells like coffee and not owl poop.



Are you a fan of candles if so, what kind of candles do you like?

Thanks for reading and have a merry Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment