Thursday, December 24, 2015

Weekly Obsessions: December 16th to the 23rd



Well its time for my weekly obsessions between the week of December 16th to the 23rd.
Music Mash Ups
Here lately I've been listening to tons of music mash ups between multiple popular songs. It all started when I heard a remix of Troye Sivan's song Happy Little Pill. After the song ended a mash up between a popular song by Sia and Happy Little Pill popped up. And thats when the obsession began.
Now when I popped onto some tunes its usually multiple mash ups, but my top three favorite mashups are La La La vs. Alive by Rick Mashups, Thinking Hello Out Loud by DJ Pyromania 2, and United States of Pop: 50 Shades of Pop by DJ Earworm.
If you would like to take a listen, then here you go:

La La La vs. Alive by Rick Mashups:

Thinking Hello Out Loud by DJ Pyromania 2:

United States of Pop 2015:
50 Shades of Pop

Tennis Court
Flume Remix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ATu1BiOPZA
The remix of Happy Little Pill that started this addiction was Casper Zazz's remix.Another great remix that helped fuel my addiction was Flume’s remix of Tennis Court by Lorde.


My Christmas Presents
So far, I've had Christmas with my beast friend, boyfriend, and with my family in Fort Worth. And everything I've gotten has been wonderful! From all the smell good bathing products, the cute clothes, the Betsey Johnson bags, jewelry, and my record player. I am truly spoiled by my wonderful family members and have loved every second of it. I thank everyone for everything they got me, because this has been one of the best Christmases.
My Record Player
Speaking of Christmas presents, the one thing I really asked for on my wish list was a record player. I collect records, but have no way to listen to my collection. So I asked everyone in the book for a record player. When Robert and I had our Christmas, he decided to be a turd and tell me "None of us could find a record player that was affordable, so we didn't get you one". At the time, I really believed him and was extremely disheartened. 
Until I got to my dad's and saw a pretty good sized box. When my step mom informed me it was on my side of the Christmas stash, the only thing I could think of was: that's my record player. On Monday, December 20th, we had our Christmas. I ripped through everything, took my time to cherish the moments, until it was time to rip open the possible record player. Guess what, it was! A gorgeous ruby red Jensen record player waiting to be played.

  My new Betsey Johnson bag
I'm not the biggest purse/ bag fan, but I absolutely love anything that is designed by Bestsey Johnson. Before we left for Christmas in Fort Worth, Robert informed me that I shouldn't collect anymore Betsey bags, but my family thought differently. So after my grandma got some help from my step mom, Jenn, to get my Christmas gift. She was able to find a gorgeous bag. When I peeked in my Christmas bag, a white medium sized Betsey Johnson purse with white metal bows on the front sat inside it. 




Adult Coloring Books
When I first heard about adult coloring books, I thought the concept was great but would it really help someone? Until I bought one for fun at Target. After that Robert and I always make time to color together, it's become extreme calming and joyful.


Star Wars: The Force Awakens
The Force Awakens is the first film in the Star Wars sequel trilogy announced after Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm in October 2012. The film was directed and written by J.J. Abrams, and was the first installment that he was a part of. The film was perfect for any old and new fans of the Star Wars series. I loved everything about it! There was some sad parts, but I wasn't closely attached to the character to have my heart broken. And the ending makes you hope and prepare for the next installment.

The movie was extremely important for my boyfriend and I, since the first date we went on was to see Star Wars episode one in 3D. Now four years later, we get the chance to watch the newest Star Wars movie together!


Well that's my weekly obsessions! What are some of yours, and what did you get for Christmas?
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment