Thursday, December 17, 2015

Adventures in the Magical World of Fort Worth:Day 2


Texas Wesleyan Campus

If you read "Adventures in the Magical World of Fort Worth:PT 1",you would know my best friend, Jalan, and I recently traveled to Fort Worth for the weekend. After driving two hours from Athens to our destination, we started our adventure with a happy walk around the zoo, stuffed our faces with In and Out burger and Raising Cane's chicken, and saw my happy little cousins and grandma.



Our second day, started at the crack of dawn with our trip to Texas Wesleyan University for my college tour. The tour consists of speaking to counselors, roamed around the campus and dorms, and meeting some wonderful people!

The Apartment Style Dorms

Even though I'm thinking about living at my dad's (who lives ten minutes from the school) and just commuting back and forth to school,
I went and looked at the dorms the school had to offer. By far my favorite dorms were the apartment style dorms. The dorm consisted of four bedrooms, a tiny living room, and a tiny kitchen. And you could have from one roommate to three roommates! 
The first floor of the library





All the buildings had a very old vintage. The minute we got there Jalan immediately felt this was the place for me. She was so right! Everywhere we went was gorgeous and it just felt so homey and comfortable. 


For the most part, I knew I really wanted to go to the school and that it had the basics of what I wanted and needed: a small school, a great communications program, a theater program where I could be either a minor or a double major, and internship programs. The only thing I was anxious about was how secure that school was. After speaking to the advisers and my lovely tour guide about how they were reinforcing security on campus, Jenn and I felt the safety and security was nothing to worry about.
Jenn taking advantage of free coffee



The tour went wonderful, everyone was so nice and informative, and fell in love with the school even more! Plus I got a free t-shirt!

Mascot, Willie the Ram

Have a wonderful day!














All photos credited of Shaydi Paramore

2 comments: