Thursday, December 24, 2015

Jensen Turntable Review

The one thing I really asked for on my wish list was a record player. When you have a record collection, you hope for the ability to listen to your favorite records. Kinda hard to do when you don't have a record player, when my step mom asked for my wish list in big letters was: RECORD PLAYER.
When Robert and I had our Christmas, he decided to be a turd and tell me "None of us could find a record player that was affordable, so we didn't get you one". At the time, I really believed him and was extremely disheartened. So I made my mind that if I didn't get a record player from anyone for Christmas, I would get me one.
Until I got to my dad's and saw a pretty good sized box. When my step mom informed me it was on my side of the Christmas stash, the only thing I could think of was, that's my record player. On Monday, we had our Christmas. I ripped through everything, took my time to cherish the moments, until it was time to rip open the possible record player. Guess what, it was! A gorgeous ruby red Jensen record player waiting to be played.


The belt-driven 3-speed stereo turntable features a USB port with a cable to convert vinyl records to a digital format. With the help of an included auxiliary input jack with cable to connect with an iPod, MP3 player, or other portable digital audio players. The package also includes software for recording, editing, and converting audio content from the turntable into a MP3 format to later listen to. The sound of the turntable is great and clear with the help of built in speakers. Depending where you buy the product, the turntable cost between $60 and $80. The one my parents bought me was about $65 from Jet.com (Amazon's biggest competitor).

Since this is my first turntable, I have to get used to using the automatic return tone arm and needle. I have to learn the correct position to place the needle, so I can listen to the full song and not start near the middle of it.

Unfortunately, the record player I received was messed up during shipping and processing. The mess up caused the rotation to slow down at times, which caused the sound to be warped. Either way, I had to send the player back to return it. In two or three weeks, I hope to see a huge box sitting on my doorstep with a turntable ready to be played!


Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment